Did you miss the chance to win? It’s not too late! There’s another drawing going on over , now through Friday, June 7. All you have to do to enter to win a copy of Succulents Simplified is say “hello” in the comments!
Announcing the winners! It was really difficult to select among so many excellent entries. Consequently, I’m giving away an additional book for a total of SIXTEEN prizes. Many thanks to all who participated!
The winners of the links to the online photo library of container compositions are Alyssa Tang, Lisa Lonsdale, Rita Frakes, Rita Shaw, Pam O’neall, Sara Chantell, Sonia Deetz, Nicole, Laura Crowley and Rita Ericson.
The winner of the mug + book is Chip Milligan
The winner of the notecards + book is Cheryl Baker
The winner of the bouquet + book is Jeanine Campos
The winner of the two-hour workshop + book is Bonnie Barabas
The winner of the watercolor + book is Diana Clark
And an additional book is going to Eden Yaege for her aunt!
To celebrate the release of , I’m giving away FIFTEEN succulent-themed items!
My “Succulent Books and Bouquet Giveaway” continues through Sunday, June 2. Winners will be announced June 3. If you’ll be at the June 7-8 north of San Diego, you can pick up your prize then. Entry details follow, but basically all you have to do is leave a comment stating which prize/s you’d like to receive.
Drum roll…the prizes are…
(1) An original watercolor by me of an agave, 9-by-12, unframed. You’ll also receive a signed and personalized copy of Succulents Simplified.
(2) A two-hour private container workshop with me at nursery in Escondido, CA near San Diego, for one to four people, scheduled at our mutual convenience. You might do the workshop one-on-one; bring your mom; or come with one to three friends (makes a great birthday outing). Obviously this is best if you’re within driving distance, but if you’re not nearby, San Diego is a wonderful vacation destination (just sayin’). I’ll show you how to effectively combine succulents in terms of color, form, texture and pattern. Then I’ll help you pot up your plants. Potting soil and tables provided. Bring your own pot/s; plants not included. You also will receive a signed and personalized copy of Succulents Simplified.
(3) A bouquet of a dozen succulent rosettes made by me, based on one of the book’s how-to projects. Such bouquets last without water for weeks because of the leaves moisture content and waxy coating. The bouquet can be deconstructed and planted as cuttings. Vase not included. The winner also will receive a signed and personalized copy of Succulents Simplified.
(4) Seven succulent greeting cards from , a signed and personalized copy of Succulents Simplified.
(5) A mug illustrated with my watercolor of a graptopetalum, from . The winner also will receive a signed and personalized copy of Succulents Simplified.
(6) In addition, I’m giving ALL FIVE winners, and to TEN runners-up, the link to my online photo library of design ideas.
TO ENTER, you must be 18 or older. Leave a comment below stating which prize/s you’d like, and why. Hint: Mentioning more than one prize, especially a less popular one, improves your odds of being a winner. Leave only one comment, please.
You also can improve your odds of winning by sharing the cover of Succulents Simplified (see below) on your own blog or on Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter. Be sure to mention in your comment that you’ve done so!
A discerning third party (someone who won’t recognize names) will determine the winners. They’ll be notified via email on June 4 and I’ll also post the results here. NOTE: Winners of prizes requiring delivery must have a US or Canadian address.
Thanks for celebrating with me! — Debra